• Twitter
  • Instagram

  • Words of measure

    I am not good with the spoken word, clumpsy the sound of them, I fear, as if they do not carry weight, they fail to carry my message across, and things to say I do have, so then I write them down, same words, same story, and I hear how powerful my words are and how Blessed I am to have this gift to write and I should really write more and publish, so now I use my voice on paper, will I ever publish, I wish so, do I think I can write, well dont all writers think they can write, do I see myself as a writer even though I have not published yet, well yes I do, you are a writer when you write to publish does not make it so.

    So I started doing a creative writing course, it is going very well, up until module 5 when I had to make the cushions I just finished, but then again, many hats I wear, and comfortable I can be in all of them, if it was not for the challenge of time. 

    I write mostly in Afrikaans, have penned some English, not good enough in French, tant pis, but words are universal to me, so loaded with meaning, there is a story in every word no matter what language it is. 

    I'm off to the dentist for two hours, that is what I mean with time being stolen, how utterly frustrating to lie there for two hours mot being able to do anything, pure torture for a person like me with creative attention disorder (are there more of you out there please?). This afternoon though, my daughter has a two hour Maths class in Paarl, being very very very cold in Cape Town at the moment, I shall settle very cosy in a nearby coffee shop, take out my laptop and notes and start working on module 5, chances are I might get slightly bored after a hour or so, do not fear, I have my French homework with me!

    Well off to the dentist, keep a lookout for my coffee shop post later this afternoon.


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Flickr Photostream

    Twitter Updates

    Meet The Author